Watch on https://www.dgpt.tv or here: https://my.roku.com/add/JHPPVRG
ROKU: To get DGN on your Roku, you must click this link (https://my.roku.com/add/JHPPVRG) and install it manually. The channel will show up normally within 24 hours, but you can speed up the process by going to, on your Roku Settings – System – System Update. In a few moments your new channels will appear on the Home screen.
1. There is no YouTube option.
2. The easiest way to watch on your TV is via HDMI. Most laptops, computers and even tablets have an HDMI out option.
2A. Connect an HDMI cable from your device (computer, laptop, tablet) to your TV.
2B. Surf to DGPT.tv, click full screen, enjoy.
2C. You may need to adjust the screen mirroring settings on the computer and the input source option on the TV.
3. Another option, is to surf the web via a SmartTV. It sounds like this will not work for you (and doesn’t work on my non-smart TV also) is to see if your TV has the ability to (probably inefficiently) surf the web. If so, surf to DGPT.tv and be thankful that the web address is not DiscGolfProTourTelevision.com!
4. There is also a product called Chromecast which allows users to "cast" their Chrome browser or Android phone or tablet screen to their TV. This is an amazing product that makes putting pictures from trips onto the TV amazingly simple and I highly recommend it. It costs about $30-$60, depending on whether you want the HD or the Ultra 4K version, and is a little dongle that goes in the back of the TV.
5. Then you’ve got the Roku and FireTV and AppleTV options.
5A. Roku is currently the cleanest solution and just requires a Roku device ($30-$100, mine was $30) and clicking this link.
5B. FireTV, which is also a stick that plugs into an HDMI port on the TV, has the ability to surf the internet and again you could surf to DGPT.tv on your FireTV interface.
5C. AppleTV would require a little more effort for the Jonesboro Open but it is doable.
Note: You currently must install the DGN channel on Roku via the link. It will not show up in Roku search yet as they are still verifying the channel.
Note: Also, Once you’ve installed the channel or app, you’ll need to update your Roku so it will actually appear. They will show up normally within 24 hours, but you can speed up the process by going to Settings – System – System Update. In a few moments your new channels will appear on the Home screen.
Note: We are developing native apps for each of these platforms so that, going forward, the watching will be extremely easy via any of these Over The Top (OTT) devices.
Note: We are also developing native apps for iOS and Android phones.
6. The last option is to watch on DGPT.tv on your computer, laptop, tablet, or phone, which sadly is not on your TV, but is still live disc golf.